The Excess Line Association of New York was created by statute in 1988 and began business in 1989. It is a nonprofit industry advisory association. ELANY is charged with the duty to facilitate and encourage compliance with the excess line law.
- acts as a facilitator between the brokers and the regulators.
- conducts financial review and oversight of non-admitted markets.
provides continuing education:
- certified provider for CE credits
- lobbies Regulators & Legislators.
maintains information database:
- for reporting to regulators.
- to assist members with tax reports.
- reviews documents for compliance.
- protects members, consumers and the marketplace against fraud.
- protects state revenues.
- facilitates and encourages compliance.
- acts as an industry representative organization.
ELANY is a premier source for the New York E&S marketplace providing brokers with the information they need to better serve their clients.