Careers at ELANY
Human Resources Manager
ELANY is an association created by the state of New York consisting of specialty licensed insurance brokers. The association reviews insurance transactions to ensure compliance with New York insurance law. ELANY also acts as an advisory association offering advice and guidance to the Association’s member-brokers.
ELANY’s offices are located in downtown Manhattan. All employees work from this home office and are provided transit vouchers to offset commutation costs.
- EXAMINER (Non-exempt)
General Summary:Examines incoming insurance documents for accuracy and stamping with training in excess lines ...read moreGeneral Summary:Examines incoming insurance documents for accuracy and stamping with training in excess lines insurance and New York law compliance requirements.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required
- EXAMINES each incoming document for accuracy, completeness and acceptability;
- DETERMINES correct coverage and classification codes;
- VERIFIES Company(ies) are currently eligible for stamping in New York State;
- INDENTIFIES items requiring additional or corrected information;
- CONTACTS broker to obtain additional information, if appropriate;
- CORRECTS minor clerical errors on affidavits with broker consent;
- INDENTIFIES items which require return to the broker without stamping;
- DETERMINES proper “suspense” code for each returned unstamped batch item;
- STAMPS all documents that meet the ELANY requirements and New York laws for excess line placements;
- PERFORMS processing and stamping accurately and within production guidelines.
- Minimum two (2) years of property and casualty insurance experience preferred;
- Familiarity with excess/surplus lines documentation and terminology preferred;
- Must have the ability to make complex mathematical calculations relating to the division of insurance premium percentages;
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- $50,000-$55,000 based on experience level
- Annual Productivity Bonus
- Generous benefits
For consideration, please send your resume to Jillian Maxwell at JMaxwell@elany.org.